The college gratefully honors the generous support of alumni and friends who advance our work in science education, research and outreach. We recognize our donors as a way to thank them and promote the importance of philanthropy to our success.
The Dean’s Circle
The Dean’s Circle is the leadership giving society of the College of Sciences. It was created to encourage unrestricted annual gifts of $1,000 or more to the college’s Excellence Fund and Enhancement Funds for each of its six academic departments. Our 2019-20 Dean’s Circle membership featured 200 donors.
The college directs this unrestricted support toward top priorities such as:
- Scholarships and fellowships
- Student programs
- Research support
- Student and faculty recruitment activities
Levels of Support
Young Alumni II (6-10 years post-graduation)
Young Alumni I (1-5 years post-graduation)
The Young Alumni giving levels were established for alumni who have graduated within the last 10 years, including those in their 10th reunion year.
- Membership in the Chancellor’s Circle, the university’s leadership giving society (for gifts of $1,000 or more)
- Recognition in the college’s alumni magazine and website
- College of Sciences Excellence Fund
- Biological Sciences Department Enhancement Fund
- Chemistry Department Enhancement Fund
- Marine, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences Department Enhancement Fund
- Mathematics Department Enhancement Fund
- Physics Department Enhancement Fund
- Statistics Department Enhancement Fund
It’s no stretch to say that a legacy naming gift would transform the College of Sciences by supporting the work of our students and faculty for generations. A naming gift can be transformative in many ways, including elevating an institution’s national profile and boosting its national rankings.
Named College of Sciences
A gift to name the College of Sciences will build on the momentum created by the recent bringing together of the biological, physical and mathematical sciences into one comprehensive college.
- Enables academic leaders to remain ahead of the curve, developing and supporting programs of research and teaching that address society’s needs
- Creates professorships, graduate fellowships and undergraduate scholarships that attract scholars across the disciplines
- Addresses needs all over the college through support for the biological, mathematical, statistical, chemical, physical and earth-system sciences
- Allows the college to respond to new directions in industry and society that affect health and well-being, energy and the environment, and safety and security, making NC State a sought-after destination for top faculty and students
Named Academic Departments and Centers
Naming the college’s six academic departments will offer instant prestige and further establish NC State as a destination for top scholars.
- Ensures the pre-eminence of the departments, and their contributions to the state and national economies, for generations to come
- Allows departments to respond to emerging needs and opportunities by providing faculty and student support, curricula enrichments and increased opportunities for interdisciplinary research
- Establishes professorships, graduate fellowships and scholarships that attract the best and brightest in their fields to NC State
Bureau of Mines Building Naming Opportunities
In late fall 2020, the newly renovated Bureau of Mines building, located in the center of North Campus, will become the new hub for the College of Sciences administration. Located in this space will be the Dean’s Office, Academic Affairs, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Finance and Administration, and Advancement. This building offers naming rights to advance the college’s efforts in academics and research in a meaningful way.
Naming opportunities (minimum gift values):
- Named building: $2.5 million
- Entrance lobby: $500,000
- Dean’s administrative area: $325,000
- Dean’s office suite: $250,000
- 2nd floor administrative suite: $200,000
- 3rd floor administrative suite: $200,000
- 3rd floor lobby: $25,000
- Senior associate dean’s office: $25,000
- Elevator: $25,000
- Meeting rooms: $25,000
Donor Recognition Event
The college’s annual donor recognition event celebrates our generous donors and recognizes the achievements of our students, faculty and staff that are made possible by philanthropy.
Assistant Dean for Advancement