The college gratefully honors the generous support of alumni and friends who advance our work in science education, research and outreach. We recognize our donors as a way to thank them and promote the importance of philanthropy to our success.
The Dean’s Circle
The Dean’s Circle is the leadership giving society of the College of Sciences. It was created to encourage unrestricted annual gifts of $1,000 or more to the college’s Excellence Fund and Enhancement Funds for each of its six academic departments. Our 2019-20 Dean’s Circle membership featured 200 donors.
The college directs this unrestricted support toward top priorities such as:
- Scholarships and fellowships
- Student programs
- Research support
- Student and faculty recruitment activities
Levels of Support
Young Alumni II (6-10 years post-graduation)
Young Alumni I (1-5 years post-graduation)
The Young Alumni giving levels were established for alumni who have graduated within the last 10 years, including those in their 10th reunion year.
- Membership in the Chancellor’s Circle, the university’s leadership giving society (for gifts of $1,000 or more)
- Recognition in the college’s alumni magazine and website
- College of Sciences Excellence Fund
- Biological Sciences Department Enhancement Fund
- Chemistry Department Enhancement Fund
- Marine, Earth, and Atmospheric Sciences Department Enhancement Fund
- Mathematics Department Enhancement Fund
- Physics Department Enhancement Fund
- Statistics Department Enhancement Fund
Donor Recognition Event
The college’s annual donor recognition event celebrates our generous donors and recognizes the achievements of our students, faculty and staff that are made possible by philanthropy.
Sciences Advancement Office