Add to Google Calendar links in email
You may wish to provide a quick way for meeting attendees to add a public event to their Google Calendar. Here’s how to do it.
Create the public event on your calendar
- Create a Google Calendar event on your calendar, as usual.
- If desired, add videoconferencing to the event (Zoom or Google Meet).
- Alternatively, you can paste a link to a Zoom webinar, Youtube, Facebook Live, or other videoconference in the Location field of you event.
- Ensure that the event visibility is set to Public.
- Save the event.
Publish the event
- Open the event from your calendar.
- Click the three vertical dots in the upper right corner.
- Select “Publish this event”
- Click the second Copy button to copy the link
Add the link in your email message
- Type “Add to Google Calendar” in your message
- Select the text “Add to Google Calendar” you just typed
- Click the Insert Link button at the bottom of the message (looks like a chain link)
- Use Ctrl-V or Command-V to paste the link you copied above into the field under “To what URL should this link go?”
- Click OK.
You are done!