The processes for Performance Management vary by employee class. Only permanent SHRA staff, EHRA Faculty and Non- Faculty, and Postdoctoral Scholars receive Annual Performance Plans and Appraisals.
Effective April 1, 2016, UNC General Administration implemented a new SHRA Performance Appraisal Policy to align performance management practices amongst the University of North Carolina System institutions. The new SHRA Performance Appraisal Program places emphasis on both institutional goals and individual goals while streamlining the content of the performance plan, standardizing the categories for evaluation, increasing the accuracy and defensibility of performance ratings, and promoting effective communication between employees and supervisors. The new policy and program applies to all SHRA probationary, time-limited and permanent, and career status employees. This policy does not apply to temporary employees.
- SHRA Performance Management Cycle Reference Guide
- SHRA Performance Appraisal Form
- Addendum for Additional Off-Cycle Reviews
- Final Overall Rating Calculations Worksheet
- Supervisor Checklist
For more information please visit: SHRA Performance Management – Employee Relations
On May 8, 2017, UNC General Administration adopted new regulations on annual performance evaluations for non-faculty EHRA employees effective the 2017-2018 performance evaluation cycle.
Supervisors must formally evaluate EHRA non-faculty employees on at least an annual basis, before the end of the fiscal year to help ensure effective work efforts and to focus on the continued successful achievement of the University’s goals and objectives. For more information, contact your department’s Personnel Representative.
- College of Sciences EHRA NF Appraisal Form (PDF Fillable)
- College of Sciences EHRA NF Appraisal Form (Word)
- EHRA Annual Evaluation Tool (Word Doc) – Alternative Tool Including Institutional Goals
- EHRA Interim Review Form (Word Doc) – Optional Form
- EHRA Employee Self Assessment Form (Word Doc) – Optional Form
- EHRA Performance Evaluation Guidelines
This campus regulation applies to all EHRA non-faculty positions – including SAAO positions as well as EHRA Instructional and Research positions — that are not otherwise covered by one of the following specific regulations:
- REG 05.50.02: Reviews of College Deans, or
- REG 05.50.05: Review of Dean of Undergraduate Academic Programs, Dean of Graduate School, and Vice Provosts, or
- REG 05.50.06: Review of Vice Chancellors, or
- REG 05.50.07: Review of Associate Deans
Supervisors who require assistance with Performance Management may contact the College of Sciences HR office at firstname.lastname@example.org or Employee Relations at 919-515-6575 for support.
Faculty are evaluated in various ways. Links to several policies are listed below. Additional information regarding faculty performance management is found on the Policy, Regulations, and Rules website.
- Annual Reviews of Faculty Members
- Annual Faculty Activity Reports
- Comprehensive Review of Tenure Faculty
For more information please email Nicole Ditillo (email@example.com), Program Manager of Office of Postdoctoral Affairs