As an employee of NC State University there are various opportunities for growth and professional development.
- Continuing & Professional Education at NC State University has the sole purpose of providing quality continuing education opportunities in a flexible, comfortable, and affordable environment. Whether you want to train for a new career, advance within your current company, or simply learn new skills to stay competitive in today’s job market, our programs, instructors, and facilities can help to get you where you want to go!
DELTA (Distance Education and Learning Technology Applications)
- DELTA’s role within the Office of the Provost is to foster the integration and support of learning technologies in NC State’s academic programs, both on the campus and at a distance. We coordinate the funding and production of all distance-based credit programs and courses for the university. We promote high-quality education by extending the reach of the faculty and collaboratively applying expertise in technology and pedagogy in an efficient, effective and service-oriented environment. For more information, please visit their site.
Faculty and Staff Ombuds
Ombuds is a confidential resource, a sounding board that also provides information, discusses University policies and procedures, and helps faculty and staff resolve situations early. The faculty and staff ombuds serves as a listening post for systemic concerns and brings these to the attention of the University.
- All Permanent EHRA/SHRA full time employees may take up three paid classes per academic year at any UNC institution. Text books and additional fees are not included.
- Tuition Waiver Form
- Learning and Organizational Development (L&OD) builds the knowledge, skills, and abilities of NC State’s workforce by helping them develop and achieve their potential so that the organizations they work for can succeed and grow. L&OD fosters a learning culture where employees are engaged in continuous learning. We facilitate this learning by delivering talent and organizational development strategies and services focused on motivating, engaging, and educating a committed and high performing workforce. We design the best solution to assist you and/or your team in achieving higher team morale and performance. We develop NC State’s talent to Think and Do.
NC State faculty and staff have free access to a vast online library of instructional videos and practice files covering a broad array of business, creative and technology topics through LinkedIn Learning.
LinkedIn — the social-networking platform focused on professions and careers — bought Lynda.com and folded that content into the LinkedIn Learning brand. However, you don’t have to have a LinkedIn account to use the service. Anyone with a Unity ID can use LinkedIn Learning at no charge.
To access LinkedIn Learning, go to linkedin.com/learning and click the “Sign In” button at the top right. Sign in using your NC State email address, and when prompted, click “Single Sign-On.” Then complete the login procedure through NC State’s Shibboleth Login Service.
LinkedIn Learning contains thousands of professionally made, easy to follow video courses covering topics like:
- Animation & Illustration
- Audio & Music
- Business Software & Tools
- Graphic Design
- Software Development
- Web Development
- Motion Graphics & VFX
- and hundreds of other concepts & softwares
- The Office of Faculty Development supports the mission of NC State by fostering and facilitating the success of NC State’s faculty.
- Faculty Central
- NC State University’s Office of Professional Development (OPD) is a unit of the office of Continuing and Professional Education. Dedicated to the development and delivery of non-degree professional training courses, OPD provides you with a broad range of quality educational opportunities in a flexible, comfortable, and affordable learning environment.