Funding Opportunities for International, Underrepresented Minority and Disabled Students in STEM
NC State has committed to increase diversity in the STEM fields and the College of Sciences is at the forefront of that effort. There are many opportunities for funding trainees from underrepresented groups, and their projects. For help with these or any other opportunities contact the COS Preaward Team.
- NIH has a roadmap to increase diversity in STEM fields.
- To help recruit and retain minority students in science please consider writing a diversity supplement for your NIH or NSF grants.
- NIH: Graduate students and postdocs can apply for an individual NRSA Fellowship to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research.
- Johns Hopkins keeps an updated list of graduate fellowship opportunities for all students. Read the list on their website.
- Opportunities for international students can be found in this searchable database.
- Opportunities for minority students can be found in this searchable database.
- NC State graduate student fellowships are here.
Other Opportunities for Underrepresented Groups in STEM:
- AFB Paul and Ellen Ruckes Scholarship (Must be Legally Blind; Also Open to Undergrads)
- American Nuclear Society Scholarship Program (Also Open to Undergraduate Students)
- DOE Computational Science Graduate Fellowship
- Masergy STEM Scholarship Program (Also Open to Undergrad Students)
- Facebook Emerging Scholars
- HHMI Hanna Gray Fellows Program
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
STEM Scholarships for Minority Students
- NOAA Dr. Nancy Foster Scholarship Program
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program (Graduate Students Only)
- Generation Google Scholarship
- NACME Minority Engineering Scholarships
- NSHSS Foundation Scholarships (Multiple Opportunities)
- SSAI Underrepresented Student Scholarship
- Ford Foundation Dissertation Fellowships
- Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowships
- GEM Fellowship: PhD Science Fellowship
- SREB-State Doctoral Scholars Program
- William Randolph Hearst Endowed Fellowship for Minority Students (research and philanthropy)
- RWJF Health Policy Research Scholars
Hispanic STEM Scholarships
- HENAAC Scholars Program
- SHPE Scholarship Program
- Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans (supports all immigrants)
- U.S. Latino Leadership Fellowship
African American STEM Scholarships
- A list of searchable fellowships and grants found here.
- UNCF STEM Scholars Program
Native American STEM Scholarships
- Catching the Dream Scholarship Program
- Truman D. Picard Scholarship
- American Indian Graduate Center Fellowships