2018 is winding down, but donors still have time to make a year-end gift to the College of Sciences.
Please read the information below to ensure your gift is processed in time to qualify for a 2018 tax deduction. Most university offices will close for winter break at 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 21, 2018, and re-open at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2018, though the university’s Advancement Services office will be open during normal business hours on Dec. 27, Dec. 28 and Dec. 31.
The fastest way to make a year-end gift is with a credit card at sciences.ncsu.edu/give. Online gifts must be completed by 11:59 p.m. EST on December 31.
The university’s Advancement Services office will have staff on call over the holidays to speak with donors who want to give by credit card over the phone. These gifts will be processed through 5 p.m. EST on December 31 (see “Donor Assistance” below). The telephone number for making these gifts is 919.515.7827.
Gifts By Mail
The last official processing day prior to the winter break is December 21. We cannot guarantee that gifts received after this date will be processed in 2018. Tax receipts reflect the gift processed date. It is ultimately the donor’s responsibility to consult their tax adviser for IRS requirements regarding the deductibility.
Send gifts to:
College of Sciences Foundation
Campus Box 8118
Raleigh, NC 27695-8118
Please make checks payable to “College of Sciences Foundation” and indicate the name of the fund you’ve chosen on your check.
Gifts of Securities
Donors planning to make a gift of securities in 2018 should follow the guidelines below:
- The securities must be received in one of our brokerage accounts with Charles Schwab by December 31 in order to be deductible in 2018.
- Please alert Advancement Services at 919.515.7827 or email@example.com to discuss transfer procedures as soon as possible if you plan to make a gift of securities. Some securities can take much longer to transfer than anticipated due to how they are owned. Early planning is strongly encouraged.
Donors will need to provide the following information when they transfer securities:
- Donor Name
- Name of Security(ies)
- Number of Shares (or type of security)
- Expected Date of Transfer
- Transferring Brokerage
- Name of Fund Receiving Gift
- Purpose of gift
Advancement Services staff members will be on-site during normal business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST) Dec. 27, Dec. 28 and Dec. 31.. Additionally, the Advancement Services help desk will be regularly checked for voicemail messages left at 919.515.7827 and assistance will be provided to donors through 5 p.m. EST on December 31.