The College of Sciences invites young artists whose parents or grandparents are Sciences alumni, faculty or staff to enter our 2017 Kids Holiday Art Contest. The winning entry will be featured on the college’s 2017 holiday card.
Who Can Enter
- Any child 12 years old and younger as of Oct. 2, 2017, and whose parent or grandparent is an alumnus of the College of Sciences or a member of the college’s faculty or staff, can enter the contest.
- We ask that the parent or grandparent (if comfortable) provide a photo of the child, along with the child’s age and a brief bio. The winning entry will have the child’s photo on the back if approved by the parent.
How to Enter
- Entries will be accepted through November 6, 2017.
- Only one entry per child is allowed.
- Only children 12 years old and younger may enter and they must complete the artwork themselves.
- All entries must be accompanied by a parent or guardian signature indicating approval.
- We want to be inclusive and respectful of all alumni so we ask that artwork not contain any messaging — only designs. Please avoid religious images and symbols associated with specific holidays (such as Christmas trees, Menorahs or Santa Claus). Entrants can create images of people and objects, such as families by a fireplace, stars, winter gloves, wintry snow scene, etc.
- Do not include any words on your artwork.
- Artwork can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
NC State University
College of Sciences Foundation
c/o Kids Holiday Card Art Contest
Campus Box 8118
Raleigh, NC 27695-8118
- The finished card size will be either 7″ wide x 5″ tall (landscape orientation) or 5″ wide x 7″ tall (portrait orientation). Designs should be created with these specifications in mind.
- We ask that the artist use traditional techniques such as paint, crayons, markers, colored pencils or similar. The illustrations can take any shape.
- Do not write the child’s name on the artwork.
- The college’s Alumni Advisory Board members will review all entries and select the winner, who will be notified by email or phone. The winner must be a child or grandchild of a College of Sciences alumnus, faculty member or staff member. Children or grandchildren of alumni advisory board members or Dean’s Office staff are not eligible.
- Artist names will not be revealed during judging.
- The deadline for entering the contest is November 6, 2017. Mailed entries must be postmarked no later than Nov. 6.
- The winner receives a certificate, an art kit and a College of Sciences swag bag. The winning design will be featured on the 2017 College of Sciences Holiday Card.
- All participants receive a College of Sciences certificate.
If you have questions about the contest, email email@example.com.