Sciences Remote Working
Remote work due to COVID-19 is ever changing, for the most up to date information visit https://www.ncsu.edu/coronavirus/
For more resources, guidelines, and FAQs regarding pandemic and communicable diseases at NC State. For more information, visit https://hr.ncsu.edu/pandemic-and-communicable-disease/
Who is Eligible?
Remote Working guidelines at NC State specify the following:
- All SHRA, EHRA non-faculty, full-time and part-time, probationary and time-limited employees.
- EHRA Faculty are subject to the provisions outlined in their contracts and/or their statement of faculty responsibilities.
- Effective immediately and until further notice, only mandatory employees who need to report to work on campus should do so. All non-mandatory employees – including temporary employees and student workers – will continue to be assigned work and will be expected to work remotely to the fullest extent possible.
Factors to be considered by supervisors:
- Are job responsibilities portable, i.e., work that the employee can reasonably complete at an alternate site;
- Does the employee require close supervision or frequent guidance from a supervisor;
- Does the position require constant face-to-face interaction with coworkers and/or customers;
- Employee’s past performance;
- Impact on operations of the office, taking into account needs to continue operations and other employees’ telecommuting requests.