College of Sciences Calendar
Women in Data Science Panel
- This event has passed.
Organized by graduate student Maria E. Adonay of NC State’s Bioinformatics Research Center, the hour-long panel will feature five female data scientists that either work at or graduated from NC State. They will discuss the skills needed in this growing specialty, and how data science manifests in different disciplines. Panelists include:
- Alyson Wilson, Professor, NC State Department of Statistics
- Heather Goodykoontz, Analytical Consultant, SAS
- Laura Tateosian, Research Assistant Professor, NC State Center for Geospatial Analytics
- Heidi Tebbe, Collections & Research Librarian for Engineering and Data Science, NCSU Libraries
- ClarLynda Williams-DeVane, Assistant Professor, NC Central Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences
The discussion will be moderated by Dr. Susanne Kjemtrup-Lovelace, Adjunct Faculty of the NC State Department of Plant and Microbial Biology and member of the Research Triangle Chapter of Graduate Women in Science.
The event is free and open to the public, but please register here.