Scholarship Application Process
Students accepted for admission to NC State may apply for College of Sciences scholarships by completing an online scholarship application through NC State’s PackAssist. The College of Sciences Scholarship Committee requires this application for consideration of scholarships from the college. Continuing students must also submit the online application each year to maintain their current scholarships and to be considered for additional scholarships.
Students must complete the general application and the supplemental College of Sciences application to be fully considered. Before students begin the application, they should consult these helpful tips for applying for scholarships and financial aid and review the application deadlines.
The College of Sciences Scholarship Committee and the departmental scholarship committees review applications each year and select students who meet the requirements set by each scholarship’s donors. Eligibility may include but is not limited to the following criteria:
- Academic merit or potential
- Academic major
- Financial need
- Professional interests
- Extracurricular activities
- Residency status (state of residency, county of residency)
To remain in good standing, scholarship recipients must:
- Meet each scholarship’s academic requirements
- Complete post-acceptance survey and information
- Attend the College of Sciences Donor Recognition Dinner during the spring semester
- Reapply for their scholarship each year
Students who want to learn more about college scholarships or other financial aid, or have questions about the application process, should email email@example.com.